Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Jun 2012 09:53:38 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Preliminary...Headlight weirdness? (long)
Comments: To: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@comcast.net>

Yah well in my world.....First I moved my just restored Honda VFR outside this morning....to put the van in my pretty small shop to at least get it out of the wind. Put the bike up on it's center stand and moved the van in, went back and the bike was on it's side! Center stand sunk into the ground...soaked from rain...and the wind pushed the bike right over..Mirror laying about 2 feet away...couldn't lift it back up alone without straining my back...so I had to wait till the S.O. woke up after her night shift to help me stand it back up....Nothing more disturbing than seeing a sportbike on it's side in the dirt....Once we got it upright I found only the mirror and a bent brake lever as damage...I just spent about a week repairing and repainting all the bodywork, so that was great.

Now, back to the weird behavior from the Van's lights... Further diagnostics reveal that as planned, the driving lights work when the headlights do not...but when I have the turnsignal on left....the driving lights go off in sequence with the turnsignal and the Tach needle follows the turn signal. The wipers go on when I pull the dimmer switch...and stop immediatly when I let that go....really strange stuff....I have heard 'strange Stuff' is often the result of faulty grounds, so that is next...cleaning the Cluster-Ground again... Don Hanson