Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:01:10 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: GoWesty wasserstopper rain fly hook problem resolved
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

---- Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA> wrote: > yes, it does block the wind and rain. And the luggage rack is not a dry storage area.

Luggage rack stayed dry for me, in a downpour, though admittedly not a blowing one. Instructions say, if rain is expected, try to park with the van facing downwind. In parts I frequent, the rain blows from different directions as the storm moves over, so that won't really work. My thought is that now the rack will stay drier than without the fly, and I will store things there that are somewhat tolerant of a little wetness. We'll see how it goes. I am not bothered by the belt through the doors. It is the rear end that seems problematic to me, but it did keep the water out. mcneely

> > I'm still not happy with front strap... still mulling over options to improve. > > alistair > > On 2012-06-13, at 10:39 AM, Dave Mcneely wrote: > > > Ditto, Alistair. Still have the glitch on the rear of the fly, where when all fastened up, the fabric folds all the way across the rear of the camper. But the fly works pretty well. Used it this past weekend. mcneely > > > > ---- Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA> wrote: > >> I received replacement gutter hooks for my wasserstopper rainfly from GoWesty. They work much better. Great customer service from GW > >> > >> http://shufti.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/vanagon-gowesty-wasserstopper-rain-fly-hook-issue-resolved/ > >> > >> alistair > > > > -- > > David McNeely

-- David McNeely