Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:42:28 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: warning regarding GoWesty alternator bracket kit
Comments: To: pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@GMAIL.COM>

It is very important for that lower alternator bolt to be properly tightened. If you can adjust the belt without loosening it, it is probably too loose. Give up the carriage bolt and use a P.C. 10.9 bolt, nut and washer. Yes washers also come in differing grades. As for the bracket studs, the nuts should match the grade of the stud.

Dennis