Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:59:17 -0700
From:         Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: warning regarding GoWesty alternator bracket kit

That is a question... All I'm saying is that the alternator bracket and bolt issue seems to be a reoccuring issue and being a relatively small part to store, it seems to me that it wouldn't hurt to have a spare on board. I've been out and about and across the country and had to wait a couple days for the repair shop to receive parts. At the time, that was no big deal. But if you are in BFE and need the part, well, it's just nice to be somewhat prepared. You can't prepare for every eventuality but if you are traveling and know the issues of your vehicle, I, for one, would try to anticipate the known problems by being prepared as much as possible.

Steven 91 Westy