Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:57:19 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine out, now in: won't start
Comments: To: Cecil Eastman <ckelmo1@COMCAST.NET>

Try operating the starter with a Remote Starter Switch. Make sure the trigger wire from the ignition switch is on the right terminal on the starter solenoid. Check the ground cable at the front trans mount.

Make sure that left side ground braided cable is on right , left side of engine. Check for 12 volts being present at the starter main terminal. the alternator main connection, and the post in the black junction box , left forward in the eng. compartment.

it's just a blockage or leakage of fluids or electrons .. just need to track down where things are not getting through.

On 6/20/2012 6:02 PM, Cecil Eastman wrote: > Of all the things I did while the engine was out, I didn't touch the starter since I replaced it only a few years ago. But after re-installing the engine, I get nothing: no sound, no click, nothing. I tried jumping the battery and that made no difference at all. > > Is there some basic wire I may have missed in the reinstallation? I took the starter out and the gear turns easily enough by hand, so it's not jammed. > > Summer is ticking away... > > Cecil > '85 Westy "Der BrotKasten" now more like a breadbox than ever...