Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jun 2012 19:14:33 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Behr Underdash AC question (BenT?)

I mention you Ben because I know you at least at one time had several Behr Underdash unit, but the question is posed for anyone with a Behr unit which is out to take a picture of, or who has a good memory to describe a few things. Mine is missing some pieces, which is not going to stop me, but if I knew what they looked like (or, better yet, if anyone actually HAD these items for sale) it would be very helpful.

First off, the main unit (as you are looking at it from the interior of the car) there are vents that come out left and right. I believe the lower left vent goes all the way across the dash to the left hand fresh air vent. I believe the double outlet above that goes to the double vent that replaces the radio. Now the missing part... there is apparently a (now missing) vent that goes to the right to the right hand fresh air vent. I would love to know what this looks like, or as I said, be able to purchase one. It looks as if the vent housing was once glued to the plastic housing of the main unit body.

Secondly, there is reference in the instructions to adapter to the left and right vents. Are these necessary? What do they look like? I can confirm that 2.5 inch marine ducting will fit over a vanagon fresh air outlet, but I don't know why I need an adapter or what the adapter would look like.

Third, what about the plugs that cover the fresh air outlets in the distribution box? I could saw up some wooden plugs and seal them with foam, but it would be nice if there was a pipe cap or something that would work.

Finally, is there anything that people do to the distribution box, like seal off a flap or something, or do they just leave it as it is?

What fun, and I haven't even gotten to the wiring yet.

Thanks in advance,

Jim