Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jun 2012 00:25:45 -0500
From:         JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: One Reason I Love My Vanagon
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>

For myself, I don't worry about it. I'm old enough that at least one or of my 3 vans will still be running when I hit the end of the trail. One has been reserved. I have instructed my sons to go out in the pasture and dig a big hole with a sloped end, strap me in the drivers seat, and put my fav hat on my head and roll me and the van in the hole and cover it. Nobody will every find it until 10,000 years from now. Some young future archaeologist will discover it and wonder "What the heck?"

John

On 6/23/2012 10:59 PM, Stuart MacMillan wrote: > You'll never see a Vanagon type van again in the US--front crush zones are mandatory now, no more rear engine vehicles. > > VW campers that meet this standard are all over the world, except in the US. They would need to make one here for it to be affordable. > > I think the future for those of us who want something modern this size may well be the Ford Transit, which is coming soon. Perhaps Sportsmobile will do a conversion someday. > > Stuart > '85 Westy, looked at everything else available and bought another one > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of J Stewart > Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 6:43 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: One Reason I Love My Vanagon > > Weird day today, I am working in Virginia Beach (I live in N. Virginia outside Washington DC) and I'm here because the one tech we have in this area retired after 42 years with the company (and the company did NOTHING for him, I took him and his wife out to dinner on my own). Anyway, had to take possession of his company vehicle-a full sized Ford van-and bring it back to my hotel. Now I've owned several full sized domestic vans, all Chevy and GMC. I finally got tired of them because they are a bear to handle. Same for this Ford van. It floats down the road, it pitches side to side, and it is a PITA to park. VW got it just right with the Vangon-not too big, not too small. Easy to handle, easy to park. Its perfect! I just wish they still made them... > > > > > Jeff Stewart >