Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jun 2012 10:36:00 -0700
From:         Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Road Trip

Thanks David, Really appreciate the park-bear info, that's what I was curious about!

I'm planning on taking an extended trip and would like to have comms as much as I can. We were at the Grand Canyon & I saw other people talking but I was 'no service' (Virgin Mobile prepaid on the Sprint network) for 3 days. Not the end of the world but I could see it could be better, so I ask travelers. I LIKE sending pictures of my VW camper in different places to my kids <g>... Ya, it sounds dumb but we have things we like to do & they understand.

Thanks again David! Have a great trip....

Rob

At 6/24/2012 09:37 AM, David Bjorkman wrote: >Hi Rob; >I have a 87 westy with a FAS Gen 5 engine (inline 4 >VW). Yellowstone wasn't bad. They said Westy was hard sided vehicle >so OK to use fridge. I opted not to as I have a canvas top and >didn't want bears trying to get in that way. Yosemite was >worse. No food in vehicle or no entry. Rangers aware of Westy >fridge and checked to be sure only used for storage. > Bear boxes used at both areas. Yosemite was box per > site. Yellowstone was communial box every few sites. And , yes, > there are lots of places where cell phones do not work. I have > Verizon, although I don't like there business practices, because > they have best nation wide coverage. Noone coveres areas I have > been in. Lots of mountains etc. > >Wild Country; Go see it! > >Dave B.