Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:08:41 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: was selling -NOW using tables

I made the rear table in my van a bit different. I re-sized it, to allow the rear 'hatch' in the cabinet to open when the table is swung against the van's windows/side. I configured it to be the same width (again when closed against side of the van) as the cabinet below. I also left out the "wardrobe" locker on the rear of the driver's side, but I installed a shelf that extends the lower cabinet almost to the rear hatch, with this shelf having a coaming to keep things on it. I normally keep the table at the height of the stove lid, which gives a nice surface, yet still allows access to the lower 'hatch' beside the fridge. I have a coaming on the stove lid and the table, and that's where I toss things that I need to get easily when traveling. I can use the bed without moving everything.

I, too, use the front table bracket to keep the doggies back with a gate. The smaller rear table is handy for writing or typing when swung out. I rarely have two people or more 'camping' inside the van for long...

Due to high winds where I usually hang out, I don't have a pop-top, so most of our camping is done 'sitting down' inside, or stooped over, or off our knees sometimes at the stove and sink...I just pull the Door box (carried where most have a jump-seat) over and sit on that when cooking or washing...That box also makes a nice foot stool, work bench and a place to carry the port-O-pot when needed. I've sized that box to carry two Rubbermaid storage tubs on it's recessed lid when traveling fully loaded. I bungee the tubs to the passengers seat back, again getting them out of the way for using the bed without need to shift everything around. Don Hanson