Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:15:57 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Directional tires - was 16" wheel in front spare location?
Comments: To: pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@GMAIL.COM>

---- pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > With modern directional tires, I think the only issue is worsened traction > in wet/snow/whatever conditions. > > Not that I've tried it. > > But I wouldn't hesitate to run a spare in the wrong direction for hundreds > of miles in case of a flat.

Hmmm....... . Hundreds of miles? Wouldn't it be wiser to get the flat fixed? Why would one choose a directional tire for a spare? mcneely > > > > On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Rob <becida@comcast.net> wrote: > > > Directional tires, I've wondered about that. > > What happens if you run them with the arrow facing the wrong way? > > > > Rob > > becida@comcast.net > > > > > > At 6/28/2012 09:26 AM, pickle vanagon wrote: > > > >> Just to correct myself: > >> Both the WRC and WRG2 tires are asymmetrical, but *not* directional. That > >> is, they are inside/outside specific, but don't specify a direction of > >> rotation. > >> > >> So you can cross-rotate, for example. > >> > >> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM, pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@gmail.com > >> >wrote: > >> > >> When we have gotten a flat I've really > >> > appreciated the full spare. (With Nokian's there's a 50/50 chance your > >> > spare is mounted in the wrong direction but I consider this a > >> non-issue.) > >> > >

-- David McNeely