Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:03:01 -0700
From:         HotelWestfalia <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: gas tank questions
Comments: To: Bryan Feddish <uprightbassghost@HOTMAIL.COM>

If you have done the work well the frst times and it still stinks, I think, it is one of the breathing tanks that is letting out fumes. They have a gasket that can fail or that plastic tank is broken. Check that before you pull the tank. There is one on each side. Sometimes only the small tubes that go to them are perished and now leak. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryan Feddish" <uprightbassghost@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 4:40 AM Subject: gas tank questions

OK, I’m pulling the tank again for the 3rd time. I have no idea where that gas smell is coming from but it’s still strong.

I think I can get this thing out in record time sine now I’m a professional at getting that tank out....

But..... The question is, what is the trick for lining up that filler tube when putting it back in. I think I spent more time on that than anything last time. And also, does anyone know what size screw goes in at the top of the filer tube, there are 3, for the later model vans?

Thanks, Bryan