Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:02:40 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: slight hesitation but doesn't happen on consistant basis
Comments: To: marc rose <mrose1028@gmail.com>

Hesitates? Bucks? Dont' get me started..... < grin >

Did this symptom start suddenly or has it been re-occuring over time?

Did you recently purchased this Vanagon?

It takes time, but pick a test route, use this same route every time you test your rig. Make note of engine temp at start and finish and note where hesitation happens. Try to duplicate this issue.

I would check other things first, but if you suspect the AFM......

Cleaning the resistive strip is an easy place to start. I used 99% Isopropyl and Q-tips. And with a magnifying lens, you can inspect the resistive strip for excessive wear. Take your time removing the plastic cover. There are spots you can lever it off. Just work your way around bit by bit. It is likely best to work on this part with air cleaner-AFM removed from the vehicle.

Clean the OEM adhesive from cover and AFM body well. I found that a smear of silicone along outside surfaces where these parts meet was sufficient to re-secure the cover. That way I was sure no excess silicone boogers would end up inside.

Neil.