Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 Jun 2012 09:42:19 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday NVC-MGB engine that rebuilds itself
Comments: To: Mike Miller <mwmiller6@ATT.NET>

I sent the link before I had time to watch the whole thing. MGBs had a three main engine until 1965, and all LBC (Little British Car) engines were based off the same MOWOG design, which was a tractor engine from the 1950's.

Regarding XKEs, anyone watch Mad Men? The firm gets Jaguar in the 60's and creates some really sexist advertising for the XKE. It's also a running joke that it's an unreliable piece of junk. One of the partners tries to gas himself in one, but it won't start!

Today is the Greenwood Car Show in Seattle. Almost two miles of free car show on a main drag. There will be lots of XKEs there. Last year I saw an electric Vanagon. I'll get photos if it's there again.

Stuart