Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Jul 2012 02:28:12 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: the science behind the clutch
Comments: To: David White <sirgrumpsalot@GMAIL.COM>

Once the clutch driver (master) cylinder is dry it can be difficult to get it to bleed. Simply pumping will not work. A pressure or vacuum bleeder or helps a lot. Otherwise, fill and wait with the bleeder open and allow time for fluid to flow down into the cylinder. You will need a helper. Push the pedal down, then close the bleeder, then release the pedal. Pedal up, open bleeder, push pedal down again, close bleeder, repeat until you get fluid out. Sometimes the piston in the driver gets stuck down at which point some other action or replacement will be needed.

Dennis