Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Jul 2012 22:19:36 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Working out an asking price for my 2000 Eurovan Camper
Comments: To: Steve Hughes <sjh@UMN.EDU>

First notify the ev_update group on Yahoo! Groups that you are selling and ask advice. Put it on Craigslist in your area and on the west coast. CL doesn't like cross posting, but you can find a way to do it if you work at it. You are on the early side model wise, the 2001-03 had the 201 hp engine, yours has the 160 hp version, which is still a good engine. Transmissions are expensive to rebuild ($4000+ and parts are of questionable quality), and yours will be due soon. Check www.thesamba.com, and I'd start at something under $25k and work down from there every couple of weeks. EVCs are very popular in Seattle, so list it here too. Good luck!

Stuart in Seattle '85 Westy, sold my '97 EVC in 2009 for $27k in 6 weeks.