Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:00:11 -0400
From:         Tom Buese <tantonbz@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: TIRES

Ooops, in the link, Nokian does not show a 14" but here is the Van Cafe link showing the exact tire I got in March:

http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_1172_1404/nokian_tire_185r_14_hakkapeliitta_c.html

YMMV,

Mr. BZ

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Tom Buese <tantonbz@gmail.com> Date: Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM Subject: Re: TIRES To: pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@gmail.com>

These are the 14" Hakkapelitta all season tires I got w/o studs from Van Cafe & will run all year:

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11905&group=3.01&name=Nokian+Hakkapeliitta+C+Cargo

Seems like an extreme winter tire design to moi.

YMMV,

Mr. BZ-now in Penobscot Maine

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 8:28 AM, pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@gmail.com>wrote:

> I know this isn't what you're looking for, but tiresbyweb.com seems to > have > pretty much the whole line. > > I just emailed a tire place close by (near New York) and checked if they > could get me Nokian WR G2 in 215/60/16 XL and they can, 160 each mounted > and balanced, which is not far off the tiresbyweb price. > > > Regarding others' comments on the tires that are still available in 14 > inches. I have two criteria for tires to run year round for us: > 1) the manufacturer should intend the tires to be run year round > 2) they should have the severe service alpine symbol. > > I failed to find any 14 inch tires satisfying these two constraints. Even > if I interpreted 1) to just mean "not studdable" I think there are no > options. > > > > On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com> wrote: > > > RE: Availability of Nokian Tires > > Two problems with Nokian right now. There are some Nokian tires still > > shown on their website, like the CS or CQ, and may be avaialble in other > > parts of the world. BUT Nokian has told their dealers that they are NLA > in > > North America. Second problem, and the big one, is that Nokian only > > distributes through Tire Factory. No other source for Nokian tire at > least > > in the Western US. Period, end of report. This puts all other retailers > > out of the business or at the very minimum at the mercy of the local Tire > > Factory stores. My previous set of Hakka CS for my Westy came through > > Discount Tire. No more, they can't get anything from Nokian. I found a > > link to Nokian Corporate some months back and sent them a concise and > > polite email pointing out the very limited number of Tire Factory stores > > and the questionable wisdom of limiting Nokian tire distribution and > sales > > to just that one outlet. I got no response. Maybe others could do the > > same? > > >

-- Tom Buese

-- Tom Buese