Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Jul 2012 23:45:56 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Auto maintenance software recommendations
Comments: To: Enrique Gamez <enrique0210@sbcglobal.net>

Wow, you are all so organized! Me, I have a folder that I put my Van related bills and stuff into and I do jot a few important notes and settings into my bently book.

I have a small notebook with a clear PVC cover page that sits on my dash with magnets....I keep my fuel records in there, take the full page right out and put that into the folder....so I have an idea of how my motor is holding up by tracking the gas mileage over time. One nice thing is that the PVC cover (with a slightly textured clear finish...no glare) is a great place to jot things down as I drive or sit behind the wheel...Odo reading when leaving on a journey, addresses or phone numbers, No fumbling around with extra stuff and fiddly buttons....Just look at the pencil marks on the p.a.p.e.r. stuff like that...the plastic cover just wipes clean with a damp cloth..Important notes I want to keep, I go inside the booklet and jot down,then put them in the folder later....

I like my smart phone and computers a lot, for many things, they can't be beat.... but I still think they are 'time-suckers' in that they really do do a lot after you take the time to learn all the programs, push the proper keys, keep the batteries charged and buy new ones every few years and re-learn the programs in THOSE again... But for simple stuff that only I need for myself, it's usually much easier to boot up the pencil and paper than it is to do it digitally..Even so, here I sit at the keyboard when I should be sleeping so I can do something fun, outside even, in the AM......bye. Don Hanson