Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Jul 2012 09:55:19 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: [NVC] Cleaning up epoxy mess?
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

David: It's my understanding that the hardener is the "sensitizer " and the resin is fairly innocous, at least with the Gougeon stuff. I've been "intimaely" involved with Gougeon Resin for over 20 years and have yet to have an allergic issue.

DM&FS

At 08:20 AM 7/8/2012, David Beierl wrote: >At 08:45 AM 7/8/2012, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: >>[Originally sent on the 6th but gerry was down and this might not have >>been posted -- I can't see it, anyway.] > >It was. Gmail does you the "favor" of tossing your duplicate >messages. If you SET VANAGON ACK to listserv it will send you a >confirm message when yours is posted. > >Re the epoxy - first, as Scott would tell you if he weren't having a >siesta, you have to say whether it's hardener or resin, and >preferably what brand. Second, the right people to ask are the >manufacturer, though you might get lucky on the list. > >If it's the resin - it's a sensitizer. Anyone who works with epoxy >long enough will become allergic to it, so you want to put it off as >long as possible by good hygiene. So you really have to clean it up >or toss the whole mess. > >If it's hardener, I don't know anything about it and it may (likely >does) differ from mfr to mfr. > >The W.E.S.T. epoxy people might be a good second choice to try to >talk to if you can't get to the actual mfr. > >Yrs, >d