Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Jul 2012 17:41:11 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Fwd: Pete
Comments: cc: Wetwesties all <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          Sallye Clark <sallyeonlake@yahoo.com>

dear recently passed and those who mourn the loss

they say it is all about the journey and many would think the journey ends or is over after this mortal coil you base that on ...? ... seeing is not believing ... seeing is only seeing (George MacDonald and or CS Lewis) some others would say the journey has just begun at the moment ones breath ebbs ... i am of the some others group ... and say so on faith ... faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see do not see like the first day you purchase a Type 2 or Type 25 or any in between like that first day at the top of a hill others have climbed and boiled over in the attempt like that first day you squirmed under your vanagon or type 2 wrench in hand and light on the page of Bentley (no experience at all.) like that first day you told your friends you were getting ... A What? They said incredulously.

Faith bounding from the moment one pulls into a camp ground-- fuel stop-- rest stop or parking lot and sees another VW standing out against the pack like that old print advertisement boasted .. you knew there-in was a friend you had not yet met .. you were sure you and they would be the best of pals no matter of politics - no matter of how handsome their SO is when compared to yours .. or your SO to theirs ... (and yours cooks well enough for both anyway ... ) you knew from no other evidence that you will share with them the pebble scratched back and slipped wrench bashed knuckles ... yuo knew form no other evidence that they will have that O ring sourced and even off you their spare till you can both get replacements ...

yes you just know as you did the day you first sat up right in the seat and looked at how your feet touched the floor as if you were sitting in a chair yes you know just as you did the moment you put both hands to the steering wheel and could also reach the dials and buttons on the quiet dash

yes the journey has just begun as breath ebbs because your faith was built mile by mile on the road proceeding this leg of the journey

all the best sallye ... i knew either not and i know you both so well ... regards

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497 http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt