Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jul 2012 07:57:36 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Differences Brennan 85 and 89?
Comments: To: ddbjorkman@verizon.net

There isn't all that much that you might use on a later model car from an earlier model, mostly because of cosmetic stuff like color and style. But here is what I would definitely get, assuming these things are not damaged:

Windshield (fits all years) heater core(s) (fits all years) (under dash, not that easy) Front headlight bucket assemblies FOR SURE Front grill FOR SURE instrument cluster (whatever you can get wouldn't hurt, easy to pull) door hardware (fits many years) rear hatch/rear window glove box interior lights exterior lights (fits all years) front door panels (somebody will want them) all interior (hard to store, but useful to someone) Middle seat Middle seat rails and hardware heater box (under dash, not all that easy) Fuel pump for a spare Whatever makes you happy from the engine ECU

On most everything else I can think of that you are actually likely to get, most folks would want a newer version.

There are other more difficult things to get off a vanagon, but they may not be worth it.

Jim