Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Jul 2012 21:00:06 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Waterboxer engined Vanagon, T3, thermostat problem.
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>, RAlanen@aol.com

Thanks Frank and Dennis.

Finally found the box for my then new thermostat. PN on box: 025 121 113 F Same as vancafe offering:

http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_169_679/thermostat_-_87_degree_stock_temperature.html

I don't recall what it looked like but I doubt the wrong part was in that box. Likely I have the correct thermostat and I'm looking toward a coolant flush, replace rad, sooner than later.

I imagine a FLAPS offering may not have a VW type PN on it.

Neil.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The t-stat problem is unique to the water boxer. The parts industry goes by > top plate diameter. The Audi stat is the same top plate. The lower disc. Is > different. Almost all flaps will provide the Audi stat for the water boxer. > > Sent from my Windows Phone > I can't type anyway! > Dennis > > ________________________________ > From: neil n > Sent: 7/22/2012 4:41 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Waterboxer engined Vanagon, T3, thermostat problem.

> I recently replaced my thermostat. With either old or new thermostat, > even at highway speeds, temp gauge sits higher in warmer ambient > temps, but sits at 12:00 in cooler ambient temps. (e.g. 17C). My rad > is likely the issue, but given your post, I'm curious.

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'88 Slate Blue Westy to be named.

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines