Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:00:45 -0400
From:         Gregg Carlen <gregg.carlen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Purpose of the ports on this AC hose?
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks Dennis.

I'm not doing the work myself. The van is at a shop that can do AC work (but cannot fabricate hoses). With so many components new (compressor, dryer, other hoses, condensor in the front of the van, converted to 134a with conversion kit) EXCEPT that hose that blew, I have my strong doubts about that 22 year old high pressure hose.

The challenge the shop is having is finding a place that can fabricate a replacement hose. For some reason, that metal connector in the middle of the hose is what the local hose shops cannot replicate or find a replacement for. The shop seems to think there's something specal about it. I doubt there's anything special about it and so thought I'd ask the list.