Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:27:47 -0600
From:         Robert Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires - Yokohama Y370 195R14 - Progress Report

I haven't followed all the emails on this thread, but if I remember correctly, the original poster said his van felt unstable in winds? Then posted inflation numbers that were down in the 40lb range somewhere?

These tires are max inflaiton rated at 65psi, and at that they provide the max load rating of something just over 1700 lbs. My guess is that if your trying to use these tires on your vanagon for general purpose use for camping, with related trip prep loads, that you ought to be running at least 50lbs front, and about 60lbs rear.

If you're going to use the van on dirt roads don't mess with air …. unless you're actually getting into very loose sand, and road/dirt conditions that are deep and loose.

Just my $0.02

bob who runs BFG A/T KO's at 50lbs all the time .. the most I've ever aired down to is 40lbs for deep sand …. so far, so good.