Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Aug 2012 12:20:52 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Double checking my stumbling problem
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

Is that pressure reading under load or not? With a properly working regulator and vacuum connection to the manifold the pressure is affected by engine vacuum. At idle you can disconnect the vacuum hose and you should see the pressure go up to the set pressure. Next test is to load the engine and see if the pressure remains constant. Unlike some other pumps for the most part the vanagon pump either works or it doesn't. Rarely will a delivery problem be the pump itself. A clogged inlet (including inside the pump hose connection) or the tank itself is the problem.

Dennis