Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Aug 2012 11:07:20 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Towing a Vanagon behind a motorhome
Comments: To: Rob <vwrobb@gmail.com>

I don't think you want to tow with the steering locked. We were given a motorhome years ago and I drove it to La Paz with a small pick up towing behind. We got to California before someone clued us in that we should have the steering column/ignition lock unlocked to allow the front wheels of the towed vehicle to turn when the radius was tight. With the wheels locked you just drag the front of the towed vehicle sideways through the turn....leaves cool looking black tire marks...probably not good on the tie rods, etc.

Don Hanson