Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Aug 2012 10:51:10 -0400
From:         turbowesty <turbowesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Matching Gauges and Senders (was: Gauge Mounting Options)
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

Part 1 of questions: Using the existing oil pressure senders as an example, is it possible to use them and connect a gauge along with the existing indicator light? What I've read suggests replacing the existing one (I assume the low pressure sender?) with the VDO version and I assume that means the dash indicator light is no longer in use. I do see references to senders with a second "WK" terminal, does that enable both to work together? In this CIP1 listing they refer to it as an idiot light :-) http://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VDO-360-023

I gather the electrical gauge relies on ohm resistance to be "accurate". I'll pick up on that thread separately.

Regards, Peter Kraiker nextchapter.kraikerphoto.com Toronto, ON, Canada '82 L Westfalia 1.9 TD 5 Spd (Babe)