Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Aug 2012 17:50:34 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: CANCEL THAT: WAS Testing fuel delivery results, one oddity,
              now NO oddity
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

well I suffer from that sometimes ..lol !

but how will I remember this new word ?

On 8/19/2012 5:35 PM, Jim Felder wrote: > Blatherskite = Gaelic. Originally a young girl obsessed with her appearance > to the point of talking about nothing else. > > Jim > > On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans < > scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: > >> lol... >> ah ha ! >> easy mistake to make if you havn't done it before, or not generally >> doing this test now and then. >> Things are not always clear in that book anyway. < really ...it's very >> 'german' ....and there are mistakes in it for sure. >> try following what they say for pressure testing a waterboxer pressure >> cap - they show you testing a diesel vanagon one, and mention an adapter >> .....if you look up that adapter, it's for a diesel vanagon old style >> conventional cap, totally different than the blue waterboxer cap - so >> don't put 'absolute' faith in that book - combine what they say with >> logic and cleverness. >> Anything that was originally done in german ...there is always a bit of >> subtle oddness. Written by engineer-type minds ...falls short in the >> real world now and then. >> >> and now you know.. >> the point is to remove the vacuum line to the FP pressure regulator for >> the test. >> I only find a bad FP regulator ...not even once a year.. >> like only one out of 50 ( or more ) 1.9 wbxr vanagons. >> It's a test that needs to be done ..plus it's very easy to do. >> >> lol - I think you like the attention - it's cute. >> 'baltherskite' ..is that Yiddish ? >> >> scott >> >> >> On 8/19/2012 1:32 PM, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: >> >>> Fuel Pressure Regulator test (Bentley 24.25): >>> >>> With vacuum hose (2) connected spec: approx 2.0 bar, measured: 2.2 bar >>> PASS >>> With vacuum hose (2) DISconnected spec: approx 2.5 bar, measured: 2.2 >>> bar HUH? >>> >>> The pressure did not change with the vacuum hose connected or >>> disconnected. >>> >>> BUT WAIT. FURTHER STUDY OF THE PHOTO ON 24.25 SHOWED THAT I DISCONNECTED >>> THE WRONG HOSE. I THOUGHT THE "2" WAS INDICATING THE SKINNY WHITE HOSE >>> THAT CONNECTS TO THE VACUUM ADVANCE ASSEMBLY ON THE SIDE OF THE >>> DISTRIBUTOR. FURTHER STUDY REVEALS A THIN BLACK LINE FROM "2" TO THE >>> HOSE THAT GOES TO THE AFT END OF THE REGULATOR. >>> >>> I am such a blatherskite. don't know how you people tolerate me. >>> >>> -- >>> Jack "Rocket j Squirrel" Elliott >>> 1984 Westfalia, auto trans, >>> Bend, Ore. >>> >>>