Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:59:22 -0500
From:         JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Google syntax to search the Archives?
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

Mike,

Back when I did a lot of aviation ork - we would put a daub of grease on the heal of the hand, then with the assembled bearing in hand, press so that both races with bearings were pushed into the grease. WE would rotate the bearin assembly and repeat going all the way around. This was repeated until grease was forcedout of every opening. That way we were assured the bearing was fully packed. I do this on vans even today, but I also load the boot as well, but not fully. But there is enough so that once in a while the boot can be massaged and that grease forced up into the bearings, since centrifugal loading tends to sling it out.

John

On 8/20/2012 8:58 AM, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: > THAT'S the one I was looking for. > > Thank you! > > -- > Jack "Rocket j Squirrel" Elliott > 1984 Westfalia, auto trans, > Bend, Ore. > > On 08/19/2012 07:16 PM, Anthony Egeln wrote: >> site:gerry.vanagon.com windshield wipers >> or >> site:gerry.vanagon.com cv joints >> or >> site:gerry.vanagon.com tires >> >> etc. etc. >> >> Ouch, that last one is scary! >