Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:19:50 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Oil pressure light and buzzer
Comments: To: Steven Sittser <ssittservl@AOL.COM>

At 03:27 PM 8/20/2012, Steven Sittser wrote: >Well, it took me 4 months, but I finally tried the fixes described >below. Results: nothing helped.

Somewhere in all this please tell me you put in an actual oil pressure gauge, either for test or permanently? You can go around the barn forever replacing parts (in electronics we called that "shotgunning") but if the oil pressure is in fact below the standard then you're never going to fix the alarm because it's already working.

Ok, I know you didn't, but please do. As long as I've been around here people have been resistant to actually testing oil pressure when troubleshooting an alarm situation, but the whole point of the alarm is to tell you to test the oil pressure!

It's at least as likely that the oil pressure is actually low as that the alarm has failed, particularly if it's going off at exactly the time you'd most expect a marginal oil pressure problem to show its nasty head -- coming off a high-speed run in hot weather.

Yours, David