Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:19:47 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dometic failure on propane, one time
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

If you have the proper two stage regulator an overfilled tank will cause it cut back if liquid is getting into it. That may be one cause of your problem. Also, if the fridge is colder than the t-stat setting (12 volt operation is not controlled) lighting will be difficult as you can only get the pilot flame. Switching the fridge from battery to propane for short stops is possibly a futile effort. Having the door open for that changeover will probably need an hour to recover what got lost. And then you do it again to go back to battery!

Dennis