Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:48:29 -0600
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Trip Report (quick & dirty)
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

We have one Walmart here in Albuquerque that sells Mobil1 0w20 & 0w30 & 0w40. I am a Valvoline user but wanted to try 0w30 in

my EJ25 powered 90Westy a couple of OilChanges ago & Valvo does not make that blend so I decided to give the Mobil1 a try ~ I'm back

on Valvo 5w30 ~~ because ~ as I posted to the SubaruVanagon.com list back in early July

My VDubaru now has just shy of 39,000mi on its 2001 ImprezaRS EJ25 & with 1 exception it has always had Valvoline 5w30 oil in it ~ At the 2nd to the last O'C' I tried Mobil1 AdvancedFullSynthetic 0w30 & was surprised & dissapointed in the performance of that oil ~ During warmup periods the OilPress' was in the mid 90sPSI which is about 10-15PSI higher than Valvo' & when hot the OilPress' @ Idle would drop to 4-6PSI which is about 10PSI less than Valvo' & @ Cruise it would run 10-15PSI lower than Valvo' ~ I am now back on Valvoline & doubt that I will ever switch again. I used Valvo' 5w30 Conventional during the EJ25s 1st 10KMis as it was a "fresh" ShortBlock & then switched to Valvo' FullSynthetic 5w30 ~ I have never had the OilWarningLight come on with Valvoline.

ORR ~ DeanB