Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:55:00 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: New-Spark-Plugcebo Effect
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

That different spark plug no real effect on compression ratio. My concern is it position in relationship to the head or piston. Also those WD7t plugs have a very large exposed center electrode that can glow a nice cherry red. OK for engines designed for it. Also even with multiple ground electrodes those plugs wear somewhat rapidly changing the gap. The platinum tip plugs have worked very well for me over the years and although I have experienced a few defective ones I think the 4477 are an ideal choice for the Waterboxer.

And thank you for the support Scott.

Dennis