Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:05:47 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake Pedal Pulse Questions
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com>

Thanks Jim. You got me thinking.

Each rear axle cotter pin looks new, but maybe shop removed each wheel, then the drum + hub as one piece? (less time than trying to break the drums free)

I checked all wheel fasteners. None were loose or hard to crack loose. But maybe they over torqued a rear wheel.

The pedal pulse was present before taking it to the shop, but now, when braking hard(er) at highway speeds, the pulse seems stronger. I'm pretty sure I used the brakes in this manner before taking van to shop but....

Either I missed this detail during normal use before taking van to shop (unlikely) or something changed when van was in the shop.

Neil.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got my 90 Carat back from a tire shop years ago. On the way home I > noticed a pulsing in the brakes. I sawpped wheels with the spare until I > discovered the offending wheel, which they had to have bent with either the > installer tool or an air wrench set way too high. They never owned up to > it, of course. > > Jim > > -- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'88 Slate Blue Westy to be named.

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines