Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Aug 2012 00:38:53 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Electrolux Fridge or Compressor Fridge?
Comments: To: Frank Condelli <RAlanen@aol.com>

Thanks for that estimated street price Frank.

If the RM 4181 M is the same as the Electrolux......

From the Dometic "Brochure" re: the RM 4181 M:

"Cooling capacity: "refrigerator +7ºC at ambient temperatrues up to 32ºC. (Corresponds to climate class SN) "

So for this Celsius Challenged Canuck, that's a ~ 45º F differential and a 44ºF internal temperature. I imagine this figure would be lower if van interior temps were higher than 90F. That said......

It seems that spec is better than both my 182A and 182B.

Hard to say, given that the 182 fridges are somewhat long in the tooth, but I wonder how those specs stack up against the best running 182?

I like the Dometic LP aspect very much. But, for me, I'd be weighing the Electrolux cost against:

TruckFridge + Aux battery + solar panel(s) + DC controller. Like how much more $ would that set up be than a new absorption fridge?

Neil.