Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Aug 2012 16:16:15 -0500
From:         George Laubach <skiplaubach@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Poor Hot Start Discovery - midway through solution
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

Clarification time: 1. I (OP) do not pump the accelerator or even touch it when I start the engine. I was simply (attempting) to describe an experience of starting the engine when the engine turns over and over (and doesn't start) in a hot start situation. In fact, as the engine turns over and over, I depress (not pump) the accelerator. I conclude (based on Scott's narrative) that by doing so I am introducing more air, not (as I wrongly hypothesized) that I was inhibiting fuel injector spray.

2. I'll check the charcoal filter valve. I've not ventured into that realm yet. BTW, my fuel injectors were cleaned and tested 3,500 miles (4months) ago by the Michigan guy (sorry).

3. I still have not read a crystal clear explanation of what the Temp II sensor does. I mean, what does the varying ohm signal from the Temp II sensor "cause and affect"? For example, coolant hot, ohm signal low, this measure travels to the ECU via the connector, resulting in a signal pathway to what(s)? And then what(s)? And for why(s)? That sort of thing. Please. Thanks.

Skip

Sent from my iPad