Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:34:19 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Poor Hot Start Discovery - midway through solution
Comments: To: Skip <skiplaubach@comcast.net>

posted before, but worth doing again, because of new list members, you can find ethanol free gasoline from this list:

http://pure-gas.org/

---- Skip <skiplaubach@comcast.net> wrote: > Dave, > > I have no good reason to use premium...(I thought Scott would have posted your question first, but then it's relatively early in the Cascades). > No good reasons: > 1. Ethanol in fuel here, therefore looking for highest btu/gallon in premium. > 2. GoWesty article (still a newbie, therefore taking Lucas' advice verbatim...not really) > 3. Compared to impact of filling my GMC Sierra 4WD, $40 for the Vanagon is not as tragic. > 4. Since I no longer buy foo, foo Starbucks' drinks, I buy Vanna Pearl a premium drink... > > Kind regards, > > Skip > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Sent: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:52:08 -0000 (UTC) > Subject: Re: Poor Hot Start Discovery - midway through solution > > For what it's worth, why do you use premium fuel? Of course, not using won't influence the problem you are experiencing, but it will save money by eliminating a cost with no benefit. mcneely > > ---- George Laubach wrote: > > Hi Rob, > > > > Fuel filter is as new as the new pump. Filter is the large metal cylinder downstream from the pump. I just filled up with a 91 octane mid-grade gas this morning, and I was at 90 miles from full at the start of the issue. I normally use premium and fill up after 200 to 220 miles (1/4 tank) and average about 18-19.5 mpg. > > > > I don't rule out bad gas or a questionable fuel tank. Gotta get to the bottom of this Temp II sensor first, and maybe the fuel pressure regulator. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Skip > > > > Sent from my iPad > > > > On Aug 26, 2012, at 9:25 PM, Rob wrote: > > > > > noisy fuel pump in my world means a new fuel filter or a new fuel tank (in the case of this 84 when I bought it). > > > How low was the fuel level when the van started running poor? My '84 would seem to run out of gas at 3/4 tank, a new tank fixed a lot of things. But that was me... > > > > > > Rob > > > > > > > > -- > David McNeely >

-- David McNeely