Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Aug 2012 06:07:40 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel pump question
Comments: To: Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>

Take a close look at the fuel pump itself.  When I was replacing the fuel filter on my van I tried to remove the hose that runs from the pump to the filter and managed to break off the nipple on the outlet end of the fuel pump.  That piece is not metal, but instead is made of plastic or nylon so it is not impervious to side loads like the one I was putting on it by trying to twist/break the factory pinch-type hose clamp that was on it.

It's possible that something or someone knocked against that area on your van and cracked that piece, allowing it to leak.

Stephen