Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:39:01 -0400
From:         turbowesty <turbowesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anyone use this Heater for their Vanagon?

I meant to reply to the list but only sent this to Jonce in error. I have this heater installed and love it.

Here's my opinion that I sent to Jonce: The previous owner picked it out and installed it. I viewed it as a great upgrade when I was considering buying my camper. A simple connector and a long line between front wheel wells. If you want to install a grey water tank be careful in how you do that as it's tight! (Just ask Frank C). Easy to use, takes a little while holding the knob in until it all gets lit and stays lit. I almost never need to take it up to 3000 BTU but having it available is nice when you need it. Must leave window open a bit to allow air flow, have to decide how much window based on how many BTU. I always err on the side of caution so I'm sure I waste some heat. The top does not get hot to the touch, the top of the grill is warm to the touch. At just above 0c (32f) 2000 BTU will keep it around 16c with the top up. My thermometer hangs from the pop top lifter crossbar. Of course this is as long as you don't go in and out the slider much (that's one drawback to the position behind the passenger seat). I generally use it @ 2000, and try to use it to make getting to sleep comfortable. When it's a cold night I leave it on (took Andrea a few days to get comfortable with that). It will use your propane up though: I can get 4 days using the fridge, stove and heater during late evening and night when it's below 10c. Longer if I don't leave it on overnight or if it's warmer and I'm only using 1000 BTU.

Regards, Peter Kraiker nextchapter.kraikerphoto.com Toronto, ON, Canada '82 L Westfalia 1.9 TD 5 Spd (Babe)