Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Aug 2012 08:53:30 -0400
From:         george jannini <georgejoann@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: What did you do for your Vanagon this week?

On Monday, Installed a new fuel pump and two short sections of fuel line, the one between the pump and canister, and the one leaving the canister. It should go without saying that I used shur-nuff genyouwine reinforced hose for the job, including brandy-new official smoove fuel hose clamps instead of those plumber's clamps _someone_ substituted. Note to self- don't be lazy, DIY.

Drained about a gallon from the fuel tank for inspection, very little schmutz, poured back into tank, along with another gallon of stale generator gas through layers of paper towel, as I've discovered that coffee filters are way too restrictive.

Ground newly re welded dipstick extension, (is longer reach into diesel oil pan than stock upright ABA motor) and topped oil level recently changed. Oil spec I'm using this time is Mobil1 High Mileage 10W40, even 10W40 is getting harder to find, but Wal*Mart had it. (was the onliest place around and I searched)

No blood shed, but fingerprints still look a little grimy. Today I'm using the bus for getting groceries as last check before stuffing wayback with gear for our annual New England Trip. (Hello, Watkins Glen!)

George/ATL