Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:03:29 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gear box oil - Redline MT90 or Swepco ?
Comments: To: Tom Carchrae <tom@CARCHRAE.NET>

No magic oil will stop the 3-4 slider hub from cracking, the 4th gear from breaking, the main ball bearing from pounding loose in the case, the Syncro granny gear housing from cracking, the 1-2 shift lever from falling off the pin, etc. The only gears that usually wear that matter are the ring and pinion sets and I like to use an oil that will protect them the best. GL-5 for me and if I am increasing horsepower or tire size a heavier viscosity-maybe.

Dennis