Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:55:14 -0400
From:         Bill M <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stuck Grease Cap? Try This PIC.
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

I have had a few that we're really stuck on. I repurposed an old whole house water filter wrench that I found on a job site. It's shaped

like a C with a handle. It just fits behind the cap and gives me enough leverage to pop it off. This reminds me of a fellow Vanagon owner a few years back trying to get the driver side cap off. He didn't know that the speedo cable was attatched. In his defense it was covered with RTV (which I do to all mine). He ended up tearing the speedo cable right out of the box that turns on the O2 sensor light. He was lucky it wasnt a one piece cable or the speedo would have been destroyed. Funny stuff once he found out nothing major was destroyed.

Bill 87 Westy Zetec Turbo