Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Sep 2012 12:58:01 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: LED bench/barbeque lamp
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

I almost never use any light except a headlamp or flashlight outdoors when camping. In summer, I seldom even use that, except for those excursions after bedtime that nature demands. I do have LED lamps in the van, and use those if need be. But gosh, even at my home latitude, there is plenty of light for camp chores until after 9 pm, and up north until 10 or later.

On the other hand, I know folks who haul a generator and run it so they can string up a perimeter of incandescent bulbs around the camp. I have seen such run all night in places where there was no generator police.

Me, I go for solitude and natural dark. Quiet, too, when I can get it.

mcneely

---- Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > Too bright. I used to bring bright lights -- three dual-mantle Coleman > "white gas" lanterns -- to light up the campsite (and the sky); now we > like a little Dietz kerosene lantern. A nice mellow light, sufficient to > keep from tripping over rocks and guylines, bright enough to find the > spoon that one drops, but not eye-searing. > > But, CYOC: camp your own camp. > > -- > Jack "Rocket j Squirrel" Elliott > 1984 Westfalia, auto trans, > Bend, Ore. > > On 09/02/2012 09:39 AM, Jim Arnott wrote: > > On Sep 2, 2012, at 9:13 AM, JRodgers wrote: > > > >> > >> Designers Edge Clamp-On or Magnetic Bar-B-Que Grill/Workbench > >> Utility Light > >> > >> http://www.amazon.com/Designers-Edge-Clamp-On-Bar-B-Que-Workbench/dp/B000A7BMK0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1346601903&sr=8-4&keywords=Designers+Edge+Barbeque+Light > >> > >> > >> > > > > That's the one I have. > > > > Absolutely great porch light. > > > > Jim

-- David McNeely