Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:49:49 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy Car Covers

> Will most likely not be driving the camper during the winter and would like some > opinions on car covers for my 81 Westy. I have seen examples on Ebay from $75 > to over $400 on GoWesty. Can anyone please share any experience they have > had? I don't have a garage and I mainly want to protect from the wet/moldy > Portland winters.

We have been selling the $169 Just Kampers cover from England for a number of years now. Last fall when this topic came up on the Type 2 List it was unanimously recommended. It was originally designed for the English climate (which isn't that far removed from the PNW climate), but I've had positive feedback from customers in everywhere from Florida to Minnesota. (It has also acquitted itself quite well on my own Westy through some brutal Pennsylvania winters.) One unique feature is that it has zippers to allow you to access the vehicle while covered (to air it out, retrieve items, or start it up). We do offer pricier covers that are a bit higher-end and probably more protective overall if cost is not a concern, but in the $200 range I think this one is impossible to beat (and those zippers really come in useful). See http://www.busdepot.com/details/covers/. . - Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT