Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Sep 2012 21:55:08 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Danfoss VS Sawafuji Compressor. Which is Electrically More
              Efficient?
Comments: To: Karl Mullendore <tdiguru@westyventures.com>

Dennis and Karl:

I guess I have too much time on my hands! ;^)

I should be doing something more useful with that time. Like prepping my spare round headlight buckets for paint and install on my '88 or doing the aux. battery re-config and re-wire!

There's a near new Waeco CR-1050 (Dometic) 12V only for sale locally. It might suit my needs. I should always carry a battery charger anyways.....

;^)

Neil.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Karl Mullendore <tdiguru@westyventures.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:26:10 -0700, neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > >>I'm hair splitting. Which fridge type I choose may simply come down to >>which type is quieter. >> >>Neil. > > > Neil, of course you are. But the swing compressor is noisier and vibrates > more, from my own experience with both. The Danfoss is virtually silent and > free of vibration when running - the only thing you'll hear is the fan. It > does make a 'bump' sound on startup. The Norcold DC0040 I had in my Westy > for a couple years vibrated the cabinet and could definitely hear the > compressor unit running. > > Karl

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'88 Slate Blue Westy to be named.

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines