Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:48:55 -0500
From:         tom ring <taring@TARING.ORG>
Subject:      Deep deep cycles available MPLS metro

There is a local guy selling excellent used pulled C&D 135AH UPS batteries. They are 6 years old, which may sound like a lot but these are 20 year design lifetime AGM batteries. Roughly $500 new. These will go deeper than a regular deep cycle or last more cycles if treated like a regular deep cycle, Your choice.

I picked one up from the lot and it was at 12.79 resting voltage after about 10 days off charge. If you know batteries you know that is excellent. It's been on my solar system for 2 days now paralleled with another C&D 67AH from the same series. That one is 9 years old and still acts like new. The pair is performing really well so far.

If anyone is close and interested here's the Craig's List link. Talk to him a bit, he'll take less than the listed price.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bfs/3254427986.html

If you get this it will only fit in the passenger side of the space under the Vanagon bench seat. The 67AH fits well in the driver's side space under the seat. Together they are just over 150 pounds. This project caused some rearrangement of things and made me actually get rid of some stuff that had lived under the seat for the last 13 years.

I'm thinking of removing the heater from under the seat to gain more space as I never use it. Anyone have experience pulling it?

tom

----------------------------------------- Tom Ring K0TAR, ex-WA2PHW EN34hx taring@taring.org

What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry -----------------------------------------