Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:27:51 -0700
From:         Rob <vwrobb@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: How To Choose YOUR Engine Conversion
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>

If you don't like something you don't like it, I can understand that but I've never understood the rest that goes on when someone dislikes a conversion. It's almost religious.

One person is having a code 42 problem & that's prominent in a decision when there are hundreds if not thousands of Subaru conversions done with help from the list. Conversions where it just starts and drives .....

So many people forget that you generally go to a list with a problem. It's rare that you stop to say you have 88,563 happy miles in 4 yrs on your conversion, you did it with help from the list and it almost cost you less than a rebuilt 2.1 would have from Bus Depot, almost. (I just looked, $2300 from BD & my last conversion was just under $3k. I ignored shipping & core charges).

The the only part that matters in this whole conversion talk is what YOU feel. You look at what is out there, is it worth it to YOU to change it? The stock VW motors were good enough for me for a lot of years in a lot of buses. Today, this Subaru 2.2 is good enough for me. Maybe my next VW will need an I-4 from a Jetta? I'll deal with that then.

It's just a car....

Rob vwrobb@gmail.com still in western WA state