Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:15:47 -0700
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Differences in models for 1990
Comments: To: TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@GMAIL.COM>

The power mirrors, locks, and windows have nothing to do with it. Those were options, available on both models that year.

There are a bunch of other differences that do apply.

The 90 base model lacked a tach, front door wind-wings don't open, had a lower grade of fabric, no front seat armrests, rubber floor coverings, rear facing jumpseats (no table), fewer inside lights, no lower lever on dash air control since no rear ceiling vents, black painted metal bumpers, unpadded dash, prolly more stuff I'm forgetting.

Mark

TJ Hemrick wrote: > Hey all, > My previous deal fell through when the seller said he didn't have time for > "inspections" and then followed up with he has irregular job hours and he > may not be available just anytime of the day. Of course he went on to say > the van was available for cash. > Duh, no kidding! I told him I don't buy any car and especially a Vanagon > without a pre-purchase inspection. Not to mention I'm over 8000 miles away > and a friend is doing my bidding... > > Anyhow, I found another and I am wondering what is the difference (aside > from the lack of carpet and seat material) between a GL and a non-GL for > the model year 1990? the latest I've ever owned is an 87. Somehow I kept > finding 87's in all my previous searches over the years. Was really weird > I ended up with three of them including one Syncro... > > Ah, I see, no power mirrors in the pictures. OK. No power locks or > windows but no problem there. The power locks can be troublesome (love > when they cycle up & down continously) and I won't die without power > windows. > > Bumpers, lower body work, and rims. The first two do look nice, I will say > that. I have plenty of alloys and bigger rims also so no loss there either. > > Anything else? > > Thanks! > > TJ >