Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Sep 2012 12:44:43 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <derekdrew@DEREKMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Westfalia Light Grey Paint Available M6062A

I had the paint code for the light grey on the Westfalia cabinetry 86-91 spectroscopically examined (if I have written it right) and determined to be the following color: M6062A

With that code, you should be able to match the paint. If you want to order just the paint, I arranged to have it added to the 86-91 Vanagon section of www.paintscratch.com and you can order it there using their search methodology in which you search by vehicle (YEAR VW VANAGON) and then it shows you color choices and they call it "Light Grey Cabinetry (Interior)".

Note that GoWesty also sells this paint in the form of laminate panels here: <http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=4336>http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=4336 under their part number GVW-S .

Note that this paint is the light color paint that is on the walls and not the dark accent color that is on the molding strips and cabinet handles. I think the darker grey paint is available in the Rustoleum Professional cans of paint commonly stocked at hardware stores.

I had my own paint mixed at Sherman Williams, so I did not test the paintscratch.com variety, but it should be very close if not exact.

_______________________________________________ Derek Drew Washington DC / New York derekdrew@derekmail.com Email is best normally but... PHONE: 202-966-7907 (Call the number at left normally) (alt/cell for diligent calling only): 703-408-1532