Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Sep 2012 00:16:53 -0500
From:         JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: For you paddlers--a petition
Comments: To: Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>

Boy, Robert, that had to be nerve wracking. Glad it turned out OK. We/ve got nutso's here too.

John

On 9/14/2012 11:36 PM, Robert Keezer wrote: > OK- it's my turn to add my true story from years ago about river access back when I had a splittie.. > I met the Deliverance local! > > I launched a canoe in a slough and when I returned a day later, my 1964 VW bus was chained to a high voltage utility pole. > There was a note on my windshield telling me to go to the farmhouse up the road to get the vehicle unchained. I unchained it myself seeing it was just bolted together . > I left the chain on the ground, drove up under the one car railroad bridge and stopped in front of the farmhouse. A farmer was in the front yard mowing his lawn. I never should have stopped. He was wearing a gun holster. > He looked over at me, drew his gun, and demanded to know what I was doing on his property. My map showed the area is a wildlife refuge, so I stood my ground and told him I was canoeing and never sit foot on his land. > He demanded his chain , and aiming his pistol at me, he demanded I get his chain. > So sped down the hill, got the chain , and when I got back to the bridge, he was blocking it with a pick-up truck. > he was standing next to it, and pacing back and forth across the entrance, he said "Were going to do this my way" .after I asked him to call the police. At this point I think I heard banjos.. > Next, I said , I'm leaving! and I turned the bus around, and drove it to the dead end where the freeway is. I ran up the bank and there just happened to be a State Patrol parked nearby, who gave me a ride to town. He said he could do anything about it, the it was out of jurisdiction. > By midnite the county sheriff arrived , 5 hours after I called, and found that there was a tractor blocking the road under the bridge instead of the truck. They arrested the farmer and made him move the tractor. > > I drove out of there and never went back to that slough don't know what they did, if anything, to the farmer. > > Robert > 1982 Westfalia. > > > > > > I hear dualing banjo's somewhere in the background..... > > Thanks, Tom Hargrave > > > > > > - >