Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Sep 2012 08:51:42 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: What dumb thing do you repeatedly do with your Vanagon?
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>

I have done that one time, on the trip out West this summer. I left a campground, and thought that there sure was good air flow through the van, nice and cool. After a few miles at maybe 40 mph, I suddenly realized what I'd done. There were two of us involved, so we one of us should have caught the error before it happened.

No damage, except to pride. Probably good that we did not have a high speed highway accessible before we realized what happened. mcneely

---- Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > I did that in my '68 years ago. Left a campground to go to the store in the > dark (probably for more beer), got on Highway 101 and at 45 mph the noise > finally tipped me off. Lucky I didn't rip the canvas to shreds. > > Stuart > > David wrote: > > I guess that, along with driving the Westy seven miles once with the top > up,* are my big stupids. Signing up to help moderate the list I have no > regrets about. Yet. <g> > > *It did seem a bit sluggish once I got to 45 mph, but that's as fast as I > was going. It was night time, going from my folks' house to a friend's > along countryish roads. Got to my destination, turned back to shut the door > and almost had a heart attack.

-- David McNeely